Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ideas for an awesome stag party day out

What is a stag party?
The stag night, also known as a bachelor party, is the celebration a man will have during his last days of freedom before he gets married. It seems to be the tradition that the party will include a lot of beer, a lot of chanting and possible a stripper or a visit to a strip club, and most certainly the humiliation of the groom. On the other hand, in these modern times it is likely that the bride to be will also have a hen party that involves just as much drinking and even a male stripper! But if drinking is not your thing and you would like to set a good example for your bride in the hope that she does not feel the need to compete with a wild party and have one of those traditional drunken hen nights, then consider some alternative ways to celebrate your stag party - there are plenty of activities to choose from.

Mud buggying
The trick to having an awesome stag without the need for excessive drinking, naked women and unruly behaviour, is to think of something adventurous that will give your stags an adrenaline rush or a good laugh. A fun option, guaranteed to generate some fun and for a chance for the guys to get their hands dirty is a day riding mud buggies across grassy terrain. Mud buggy days can be booked as a group, with full safety kit provided and lots of bumpy open space to tumble around in.

Paintballing
If you reckon your stags will be looking for a little more rough then paintballing is the way to go. It is competitive, and it hurts, but will give the guys plenty to talk about and likely some war wounds to show off after the game. Running around a pretend military base hiding behind trees with a gun is bound to be fun.

Zorbing
For the ultimate rush, "zorbing" is a fun way to get the guys together. One by one, your stags will be strapped into a giant inflatable bubble and pushed down a large hill. While all this happens the rest of you will be standing at the top of the hill laughing as you hear your mate scream whilst he tumbles down to the bottom in what looks like a giant hamster toy.

Whaetver it is you decide to do for your stag party, make sure it’s fun, memorable and that it is accessible for all of your best male friends and goes down in history with the rest of the stag nights to remember. 


Image from Eclipse Leisure

30 comments:

  1. I have done Paintballing a few times and it's a lot of fun if you are with the right kind of people! Not sure I would be up for Mud buggying though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Zorbing!!!! Amazing experience! I go for it always that I can... To a stag party, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go zorbing so badly! Two of my mates have done it and they say it's an amazing experience. I've got to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure about mud buggying either. That sounds like a stag party organised by the future wife!! Lol. I do like paintballing (that's fantastic!) and althought I've never gone zorbing, it sounds like something I would definitely go for

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Fede! I was going to say that mud buggying was the kind of stag do I would have chosen for my hubby. From the things he tells me, his stag party was just crazy (I've never wanted to know in detail) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've gone zorbing 3 times and it's something I would definitely recommend. It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paintballing forever! :D

    Is zorbing and sphering the same thing or is there any difference?? I keep hearing both terms

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Foreverrr Zorbing and sphereing is the same thing. It's also known as orbing and even globe riding http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zorbing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went clay pigeon shooting , thought it be s laugh but it was actually quite boring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paint balling every time and not just for the boys! I've heard that zorbing can be a bit of an anti climax. It's over really quickly and just makes you feel sick...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zorbing is my favorite option!!

    Looking forward to going to my friend's stag party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mud buggying is amazing - like turbo-charged go-karting, only better. I went on a mate's stag recently where we tried it - would definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never been paint balling (might have to brave the bruises and give it a try!), but I did go zorbing a couple of years back. Such a great group activity. Even getting into the sphere is an event in itself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. paintballing hurts a little bit, mostly in the pride section of the male psyche

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great ideas - love the sound of mud buggying!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are fantastic ideas. I might have to give zorbing a go!

    ReplyDelete
  18. No No NO! Stag parties should ONLY BE in the pub. Hills? Ridiculous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You could still go to the pub afterwards, once you've worked up a healthy thirst.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Go for the paintballing! What is more fun that shooting at your mates?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mud buggying sounds like amazing fun for both stag and hen parties - just don't wear your best clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. First time I went paintballing with my friends I told them "guys, my bachelor party will include paintball instead of strippers". At first they didn't like it but after a detailed explanation introducing the 'benefits of choosing paintball over strippers & alcohol', they understood :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is perfect timing for me! I was looking for some ideas for my brother's upcoming stag party and here I found the inspiration I needed! (Yes, I know, it's weird that my brother's friends have asked for my help but I guess that happens when you become 'one of the guys')

    ReplyDelete
  24. People do zorbing in a paddling pool near the seafront where I live. They look hilarious scrabbling around! ^_^

    (Also, I always think of this whenever I hear paintballing mentioned):

    http://youtu.be/h1yuhBtdHL0

    ReplyDelete
  25. Paintballing sounds like a great option - if you can handle the bruises afterwards that is...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Paintballing and some drinks in a bar after that, looks like the best idea for a stag party, specially if the bachelor have a lot of friends. Both activities with big groups of friends will give to him an unforgetable day! I'm pretty sure about that!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mud buggying sounds like mad fun!

    ReplyDelete